Have you continually prayed over and over about the same situation, never thanking God for the answer? Many believers are praying and waiting on God for the answer to their petitions. But when you are waiting on God for the answer, wait in an attitude of expectancy! Wait on God in Praise! Wait on God in faith! Prayer asks, but praise receives. Both prayer and praise are necessary and important. But after you have prayed and believed God for the answer based on His Word, stand in faith by praising Him.
If you want to bring the presence and the power of God into your midst to change any circumstance or any situation you are facing in life, begin to praise God continually from your heart. Our praise and worship should reflect the hearts and lives of people who are excited about their Heavenly Father. God is a big God and the more you praise and worship Him, the bigger He becomes in your life!
HOW TO PRAY
- 1. Choose a specific place to pray away from distractions so you can concentrate.
- 2. Pray at the same time every day, if at all possible. Make it part of your regular routine, and it will become a habit.
- 3. Keep a note pad handy so you can write down different things that come to mind while you’re before the Lord.
- 4. Redeem time for praying out of unused corners of your schedule. For example, during your drive to work, use this time to talk with the Lord.
- 5. Change the pace during your prayer time by including praise, thanksgiving, singing and petitions. Spend some of your time reflecting on the Scripture, meditating on it and digesting its meaning.
- 6. Keep a prayer journal to track what you prayed for and when you prayed for it. Leave a space to write down the answer God speaks to you. This will help you to keep alert to God’s answer so you can thank Him promptly.
- 7. Ask someone to be your prayer partner. Although some prayers can only be said in solitude, there will be times when you’ll want to join hearts with another person in prayer.